Friday, October 31, 2008

Post-wedding adjustments

I didn't think that we'd have much trouble adjusting to sleeping in the same bed. My mom always said that I kicked, but that was when I was younger, maybe in elementary school, and I personally never have issues with sleeping. I ususally sleep like a rock, even through alarms.

On our honeymoon, we slept really well, in both Maui and Oahu. But when we got back, I was still really sleepy when I woke up, even when I got a full night's sleep. And later on, I found out why.

Earlier this week--
Alex: "I think I kicked you last night."
Teresa: "Yes, I said, 'OW! You kicked me', and then went back to sleep.
Alex: "Sorry..."

This morning--
Alex: "I poked your eye last night."
Teresa: "What?!? I don't remember this!"
Alex: "Yeah, I think I had my arm around you and my finger was in the wrong place, and all of a sudden you said, 'OW! You poked my eye!'"
Teresa: "I don't remember this... but that explains why I'm so tired this morning."

Ah... growing pains. I wanted a king-sized bed, and Alex wanted a full, so we compromised with a queen. Maybe we can buy a twin and just add it as an extension. :P

3 comments:

Irene said...

I think you should get enough mattresses to fill up the whole room so that you can roll around the whole night with only the walls as barriers.

Tamara said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Brian & I had the same adjustments when we were newlyweds. It was worth it! :) I'm the one who "discovered" his sleep apnea...he never knew b/c he had always slept alone!

Tamara said...

Hey Teresa, You're the winner of my giveaway. Stop by & email me with your address, ok? Thanks for playing!