Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our Engagement Story: The Short Version

I decided to propose to Teresa on a month-a-versary, 22 months after we had started dating. To keep it a secret, I told her that we had one more pre-engagement counesling session after Valentine's. She would come over to my home at 6:30 PM as we had a dinner reservation at 8 PM.

I decorated my place with 22 balloons (actually 24 because they sell them by the dozen). When she came in, I told her I had something special for her. We sat down, and I started to read from a photo journal celebrating every month God had given to us together. When turned to the end, I got down on one knee and looked Teresa right in the eye. I told her how special she was and how I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. "Teresa, will you marry me?"

She was so surprised that she didn't say anything. After hearing no response, I asked her again, and she said yes! Afterwards, we celebrated our engagement and Valetine's by going to an awesome sushi restaurant.

1 comment:

Terence said...

very nice story...congrats! the open doors (holding hands) is a nice touch!